This is that cover fitting I was talking about in the last post I made.
The safety pins are just temporary, as are the unfinished baseline hems, or whatever they can be called. When the lining goes in, its unfinished edges, along with the cover’s will be folded up together and stab-stitched. The silk tied-on polychrome fringe (in the brown and the goldish-color in the stripe), about six inches long, will be tied onto the edge. A four or five-inch ring of the same fringe will go around the base of the bone finial, which I still have to turn.
I love the fit a lot - I thought I’d be needing to make a lot of corrections, but I’m thinking I might not need to make any. Which is nice, because I didn’t want to have to do all that extra work.